CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
- Anchor newscasts and report for TV and our digital platforms.
- Originate, research, investigate, write, narrate, produce and present high-energy, engaging live shots or recorded stories as assigned.
- Leader in social media and other new technologies to engage with the audience and innovate new ways of storytelling.
- Coach reporters, producers and other contributors.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in News, Digital, Promotion, Production and Engineering on daily assignments, sweeps stories and special projects
- Ensure an accurate and ethical presentation of the news
- Research and conduct necessary interviews
- Meet all news production deadlines
- Participate in various Community Relations/Public Relations appearances (parades, organization dinners, fundraisers, meetings, etc.
- Ensure that the daily broadcast is consistent with station strategic goals, values and brand
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have exceptional communication and active listening skills
- Must have ability to ad lib clearly and accurately during times of breaking news
- Must be a strong emotional storyteller
- Must be results oriented, curious, creative and committed to teamwork
- Must be flexible to working all shifts
- Experience as an anchor in a medium/large market
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled