CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
- Aggressively manage and publish updated news stories, video and slideshows, concentrating on developing stories and breaking news.
- Stay on top of industry trends to innovate and grow audiences on WCCO's various platforms.
- Monitor daily news continuously, using wires and other news sources to write content for WCCO.com.
- Generate story ideas and digital elements that complement and enhance news on WCCO-TV.
- Track web traffic for research and content purposes.
- Manage school closing and weather alert systems on the Internet and on the air.
- Engage and share WCCO’s messages in the social media space, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or other related field.
- Experience working on a media website or within a media organization.
- Candidate must be results-oriented, innovative and must demonstrate leadership and teamwork.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills and be well-versed in AP Style.
- Basic understanding of HTML and other computer programming languages preferred.
- Experience with non-linear editing platforms preferred.
- History of working in a fast-paced media environment.
- Familiar with social media best practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled