Web Producer (part-time)Apply
KOVR/KMAX is seeking an experienced journalist to join our fast-paced news team as a Part-Time Web Producer. This is an editorial position with a heavy emphasis on news writing. The ideal candidate will be able to manage breaking news coverage, report and write exclusive stories, and cover developing stories on CBSSacramento.com and GoodDaySacramento.com. They should have excellent writing and copy editing skills and the ability to tell stories via the website and social media. They must also possess a thorough understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies. The candidate should be able to identify trends and stories that can be produced for the websites. Candidates must be detail oriented, team players, and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines. They must also be self-motivated, goal oriented, and able work alone or under minimal supervision.
Two years or more of experience working in a newspaper, online, radio, or television newsroom is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree or similar degree from a educational institution is preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to work varied hours, including weekends, holidays, early mornings, and evenings.
- Strong journalistic skills, including news judgment, research, writing, and editing
- Ability to incorporate SEO strategies across digital platforms
- Experience writing content for multiple social media platforms on behalf of publication or a brand, and successfully driving traffic through these platforms
- Understanding of web analytics and know when and how to apply them
- Capacity to cover multiple stories at any given time
- Develop original stories and content for CBSSacramento.com that will also appear on GoodDaySacramento.com
- Produce compelling multimedia news experiences for the digital audiences
- Execute effective, company compliant messaging on social media
- Program the website homepage to engage site visitors
- Ensure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies
- Prepare reporters’ stories for the website, including editing copy
- Ensure coverage continuity from shift to shift by providing notes to the next-shift producers
- Crop, resize, and web-optimize images and graphics