Web Producer - Temporary Per DiemApply
CBS Miami is looking for a person with a passion for changing the world through online interaction, to work with a television station website serving one of the most exciting communities in the nation.
This person should be web savvy, with an understanding of how to build online communities and develop compelling web content ranging from news to community information and entertainment, which will generate repeat visitors and increased traffic to our websites. He or she should believe the future of media is online, be able to show us why, and have great ideas about integrating television and broadband.
This position supports news, content development, special projects, and community building for CBSMIAMI.com and 33mytv.com. You will be working with a committed, experienced team of web professionals excited to be on the cutting edge of new media in a variety of website formats, for a company with a solid commitment to digital media in all forms.
The successful candidate must show the ability to:
- Develop and maintain Interactive web content
- Keep track of major local stories and make sure they are updated in a timely manner
- Produce news and information content
- Support, strengthen and extend the brand of the TV web site
- Work with newsroom personnel for creating web content
- Monitor user-generated content, such as blogs, video/photo submissions, and reviews
- Be social media savvy with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Innovate and generate great ideas for making our sites unique
- Help generate a buzz about the web content we create
- Grow with the position
- Available to work nights and weekends
To meet these goals, a candidate should have:
- Previous online production/promotion experience
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for blogs, message-boards, chat rooms, and user-generated content
- Familiarity with content management systems, including WordPress
- Solid writing and communication skills, with the ability to write promotion copy and AP-style news.
- The ability to multi-task on deadline in a fast paced media publishing environment, working in a self-directed manner
- MS Office skills
- Adobe PhotoShop or similar graphics program
- Video shooting and editing
- HTML/XHTML/CSS familiarity
- Understanding of TV or Radio media
- Editorial skills
- Journalism or Communications background, with demonstrated news judgment