VP Information SecurityApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
The Vice President, Information Security for CBS Television Stations will be a major contributor to the CBS Information Security Group, responsible for leading the management of CBS Television Stations information security. The position requires an experienced security practitioner with exceptional business acumen and technical knowledge and an ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Reporting to the CBS Chief Information Risk Officer, the position is responsible for managing CBS Television Stations’ information security practices, leading development and execution of information security strategies, guiding the implementation of technical solutions and acting as the security subject matter expert for CBS Television Stations.
- Ensure the development, testing and implementation of appropriate security plans, products and control techniques. Help identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with the corporate strategic plan.
- Guide CBS Television Stations leadership and managers on information security strategy, architecture design and incident response, proactively addressing the needs of the internal client community in order to consistently meet or exceed defined levels of security.
- Coordinate information security initiatives with IT, Legal, Operations and Privacy stakeholders.
- Act as the liaison between CBS Information Security Group and CBS Television Stations stakeholders, coordinating the research, evaluation, design, testing, and implementation of new or improved information security software or systems.
- Coordinate vulnerability assessments of deployed software applications and enterprise systems, to include penetration testing, architecture reviews and patch management.
- Assist in the evaluation of outsourced/third-party technologies as related to the management, transmittal, protection and storage of corporate data.
- Assist with security compliance testing efforts by advising division management on security controls and coordinating the submission of results.
- Work with broadcast and production teams to identify risks and implement security controls to mitigate them.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required, with proven knowledge of security architecture design, network security, mobile security, vulnerability management, and threat intelligence/analysis.
- Deep knowledge of security policies, regulations, and compliance issues.
- Strong ability to translate complex IT and security challenges and issues into business risks.
- Proven expertise with performing security assessments and recommending security solutions to assist with improvement of security infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of the information security landscape, including emerging threats and security solutions.
- Confident communication skills and ability to provide regular management program/project briefings.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization and ability to work in a collaborative environment across business and technology teams.
- Proficient in project management disciplines and processes.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST or PCI DSS.
- Relevant industry-accepted security certifications ( CISSP, SANS, etc.) a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Master’s degree a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled