VP/DIRECTOR OF SALESApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
KPIX / KBCW TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in San Francisco, is seeking a VP/Director of Sales to drive our total station sales effort. Successful candidate will have the following: a team leading orientation, a love of selling, a proven ability to develop and achieve budgets, inventory control, strong negotiation skills, marketing and strategic planning skills, positive/proactive attitude, and strong understanding and experience in digital sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Responsible for day-to-day sales operations and achieving revenue goals for both broadcast and digital.
• Provide accurate revenue forecasts and deliver year over year growth.
• Develop sales packages and tools inclusive of sales promotions.
• Educate sales department in market/national trends and provide them with new selling ideas and techniques.
• Recruit, interview and hire quality sales people.
• Maintain positive relationships with key clients.
• Price inventory as appropriate and assign accounts.
• Prepare sales revenue and expense budgets.
• Train and coach sales management team.
• Attend sales calls with Account Executives.
• Coordinate and update sales pieces.
• Other duties as required.
Minimum 5 years prior broadcast television sales management experience at a major market television station. Position requires excellent organizational/time management skills and leadership ability. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a positive attitude and be an effective communicator. Strong track record in revenue performance while maintaining and managing cost of sales integral as is a strong background in inventory management, sales training, pricing, budgeting and forecasting. College degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled