Topical Writer-Producer CBS11-DFWApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
Got a great reel of compelling news topicals you’re proud of? Like to produce the occasional image and TSR spot? Have a great attitude? Love what you do? Produce and edit your own spots? If you answered ‘yes’ to all the above, we’d love to talk to you here at KTVT CBS 11 in Dallas-Fort Worth! We’ve got a very special team of people at 11-21 Creative Services and now a rare opening has occurred. We need someone who will help us turn our primetime viewers into news viewers at 10pm. Someone with big ideas and a work ethic to match. Wondering why everyone is moving to Texas? For starters, check out the cost of living index for Dallas-Fort Worth and the fact there’s no state income tax! If you’re ready to make a move, please send your resume and reel (links preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to apply online at cbsdfw.com.
- Write/produce/edit late news topical news teases, and other marketing initiatives as needed.
- Provide shooting and editing services for station promo efforts.
- Assist with station event promotions.
- Help maintain promo inventory on station logs and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree at the university level in Radio/TV communications, production, or related field preferred (other related education will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- At least 3 years experience as a writer/producer in a mid-to-major market station promotion department preferred (other related experience will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Strong tease-writing skills.
- Experience with shooting promo projects and working with news talent and producers.
- Non-linear editing proficiency, particularly on Final Cut Pro, Avid and Premiere.
- Must have good solution-oriented skills and ability to present new thoughts and ideas.
- Experience with turning ratings and demo information into effective station promotion/marketing.
- Must have a conceptually creative thought process, be able to problem solve and find positive solutions to challenges, and possess a high level of skills to achieve maximum production quality in all projects.
- On-Air hosting skills for social media and sales-related projects is a plus!
For consideration, please upload resume, cover letter and video link to:
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled