Conceive and execute daily news programs. Looking for energetic, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast.
Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
- Must be able to write and produce creative and factual news content that is compliant with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
Must be knowledgeable in social media and networking; support station’s social digital media strategy.
Strong communication skills
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
Must insure daily show production deadlines are met
- Proficient desktop editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
Ability to shoot and edit digital media
Must be willing to work hours as assigned
Other duties as assigned
- Proven successful track record and innovative
- Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Three years’ experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market;
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field.
Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable