PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A unique learning opportunity for 2016/2017 college students interested in pursuing a career in TV News; interns will gain valuable exposure and experience in areas of the newsroom including the Sports.
NEWS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Interns in the Sports Department will have the opportunity to log video, research stories, and accompany reporters and producers in the field on occasion.
Intern will be side by side with news department professionals, learning their craft and gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
Each internship will be for approximately 3 months/1 semester. Candidates who are selected must be enrolled in college. This is a paid internship.
The Internship will be considered "at will" employees and the Program can end at any time during each three/six month period at the station's sole discretion.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
Only those individuals who are highly motivated need apply.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Currently seeking a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Journalism or Communications.
· Strong social media and writing skills are preferred.
· Participation in college radio/TV stations/newspapers, magazines and websites will be taken into account.
· Previous internship or newsroom experience is very helpful.
· Excellent communication and computer skills are necessary.