Social Media InternshipApply
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A unique learning opportunity for 2018 college students interested in pursuing a career in TV News; interns will gain valuable exposure and experience in areas of the newsroom including Social Media.
NEWS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Digital Intern is someone who has an understanding of social media's role in news, as well as a passion for social media platforms including Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The Digital Intern will perform digital searches to assist the News Team on stories; create content for CBS2’s digital platforms; learn about key strategies for building engagement; and teach the CBS2 team about how to utilize and maximize social media to connect with communities.
Intern will be side by side with news department professionals, learning their craft and gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
Each internship will be for approximately 3 months/1 semester. Candidates who are selected must be enrolled in college. This is a paid internship.
The Internship will be considered "at will" employees and the Program can end at any time during each three/six month period at the station's sole discretion.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous.
Only those individuals who are highly motivated need apply.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Currently seeking a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Journalism or Communications.
· Strong social media and writing skills are preferred.
· Participation in college radio/TV stations/newspapers, magazines and websites will be taken into account.
· Previous internship or newsroom experience is very helpful.
· Excellent communication and computer skills are necessary.