CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the entire Sales Team to develop creative and customized solutions for advertisers that result in new business, incremental and non-traditional revenue for the station's television and digital platforms.
- Establish and monitor short-term sales planning strategies by way of monthly goals, weekly sales reports and weekly sales meetings.
- Establish and monitor long-term planning strategies by way of quarterly and/or annual sales goals and objectives and six-month re-evaluations.
- Maximizes and manages sales with the local/national account executives through personal motivation, accountability measures, evaluations and training.
- Maximizes New Business and Non-Traditional Revenue development.
- Responsible for growing National market revenue share.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the national sales team, establish sales goals to further penetrate their agencies.
- Provide a consistent flow of information to the Station Manager relative to National opportunities
- Coordinates and maintains good working relationships with other departments.
- Builds strong relationships with key advertisers through sales calls and station functions.
- Lends support to the VP, Sales through revenue forecasts, inventory management and special sales projects.
- Devises, utilizes and evaluates various sales and traffic reports.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- 5-7 years experience in broadcast or national rep firm sales.
- 3-5 years experience managing and motivating a team of people.
- Bachelor degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Excellent organization, presentation, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Marketing and strategic planning skills required.
- Consultative sales experience with solid closing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Positive/proactive attitude, with ability to lead and manage a Sales team.
- Willing to travel and attend events after regular work hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled