Public Affairs Television Internship - PhiladelphiaApply
CBS’s Internship Program in Philadelphia is designed to provide meaningful educational and field experience for students pursuing careers in television broadcasting and related fields. Our internships will expose you to industry professionals and promote both your personal and career development. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, problem solving, a strong work ethic, accountability and winning. Being selected to join our winning team means you share our core values and stand with others who are passionate, honest, engaged, accountable, and competitive.
Internships are approximately 10 weeks in duration and 16 hours per week. Interns are accepted for the spring, summer, and fall semesters and are paid an hourly rate of $7.75. Transportation costs (except those incurred while traveling for business purposes requested by CBS), meals, and any other financial obligations, are the sole responsibility of the individual intern. Interns are expected to conduct themselves and dress appropriately for the business world.
Public Relations Interns will assists with the station’s public relations and public service activities including writing press releases and other publicity materials, assisting in the production and scheduling of public service announcements, and planning special events and other community outreach programs.
Please refrain from calling the station to check on the status of your application. Due to the large volume of prospective interns, we are unable to handle phone calls of this nature. Your application will be reviewed by the appropriate individuals and if selected for an interview, you will be contacted by telephone or email.
- Must be at least (18) eighteen years of age.
- Online resume and cover letter
- CBS online Internship application.
- Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status.
- Students must be in satisfactory academic standing with a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Verification letter from college required. Academic credit not required.
- Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program (minimum 10 weeks in duration and 16 hours per week)
- Good computer skills, excellent written skills and verbal communication abilities.
- MS office suite proficiency.
- If accepted into our program, you will need to present eligibility to work in the U.S. based on the Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form (examples include driver’s license and social security card, College ID and birth certificate, or a US Passport).
- We do not have opportunities for high school students or volunteers.