Programming/Public Affairs CoordinatorApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
This position will support the CBS 2 / WLNY-TV Sr. Vice President, Station Operations and the Director, Public Affairs.
- Maintain SIMS systems (programming database)
- Input all daily/weekly program and movie schedules for NY duopoly stations.
- Prepare and maintain all required station contracts, CSRs from SIMS and profit models for SOX and audit purposes.
- Maintain and administer all programming contracts for the CBS Television Stations division.
- Coordinate program satellite feeds and distribution with Master Control Operations Center in Atlanta.
- Provide Traffic Operations with program timing/format and schedule information as required/needed.
- Update Titan TV Program guide line-up via Titan website; prepare weekly program schedules and send to all listing services; ensure all program changes are communicated quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure Educational/Informational (E/I) and regular children's programs are within FCC rules; provide E/I schedule information is communicated for the preparation of quarterly FCC reports.
- Coordinate talent appearances and logistics.
- Assist with all on-site and off-site community partnerships and events.
- Maintain and distribute calendar of public appearances.
- Manage and maintain the stations' public files room.
- Maintain the stations' public service announcement inventory and rotation.
- Coordinate and guide studio tours.
- Assist with pulling press clippings and distribution of same.
- Perform a variety of special projects/assignments as directed by the Public Affairs Director, i.e., assisting with press releases/talent bios.
- Maintains footage licensing requests for news clips and draft agreements.
- Trains/manages the Public Affairs interns.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications/Media Studies.
- 2+ years of work experience, public relations/television programming experience a big plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Outlook.
- Familiarity with scheduling systems (Gabriel, SIMS, WideOrbit, Sintec, etc.) preferred.
- Understanding/sensibility of TV viewing and what programs rate higher than others; knowledge of broadcast principles and practices preferred.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented, and must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to work with all levels of management both inside and outside of the stations and company.
- Must be able to prioritize work and the workload, and must be able to analyze data and make some suggestions based on analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled