CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
Maintain SIMS system (Programming database):
- Input all daily/weekly program and movie schedules for NY Duopoly Stations.
- Prepare and maintain all required station contracts, CSR's from SIMS and profit models for SOX and audit purposes.
- Maintain and administer all programming contracts for CTS.
Coordinate Program Satellite Feeds and Distribution with Master Control Operations Center.
Program Information Communication:
- Provide Traffic Operations with program timing/format and schedule information as needed.
- Update Titan TV Program guide line-up via Titan website.
- Prepare weekly Program Schedules and send to all listing services.
- Make sure all program changes are communicated quickly and efficiently.
- Make sure "E/I" and regular children's programs are always within the FCC Rules.
- Provide "E/I" schedule information to the Community /Public Services Director for preparation of quarterly FCC reports.
- Bachelor's degree, Media Studies preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience at a TV/entertainment company, ideally with experience in television scheduling/programming.
- Familiarity/experience with industry scheduling systems (e.g., Gabriel, SIMS, Sintec, WideOrbit, etc.).
- Clear understanding/sensibility of TV viewing and what programs rate higher than others.
- Highly proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel, databases, e-mail, etc.
- Strong knowledge and enthusiasm for movies, TV shows and the entertainment industry.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage time well.
- Must be able to communicate and interact well with a diverse group of people across many departments both internally and externally.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled