CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
- Lead a team of anchors, reporters, photographers, editors and other journalists to identify and produce compelling stories and creative newscasts that meet station goals.
- Coach and coordinate anchors, including weather and sports, to produce effective on-air teamwork.
- Work closely with news managers to evaluate and adjust structure, strategy and content.
- Use video, live reporting, graphics, props, anchor involvement and the other tools of television to deliver meaningful, memorable and distinctive news.
- Write extensively on a tight deadline, including graphics and script copy.
- Ensure newscast’s accuracy, fairness, quality and compliance with all FCC requirements.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a producer in commercial television news.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, demonstrating superior ability in use of both spoken and written language, as well as effectiveness working in teams and on tight deadline.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled