President, CBS Television Stations SalesApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
This position is accountable for achieving advertising revenue targets on television and digital platforms.
Responsible for the oversight and development of sales strategies to maximize advertising sales revenues. Leads the strategic development and implementation of the division’s advertising revenue budgets and business development plans for all markets.
Develops and maintains solid relationships with key accounts and agencies.
Sets aggressive and achievable sales plans and targets to support profitable revenue growth. Identifies new opportunities and partnerships to increase profitable sales. Drives accountability, creativity and innovation across the Television Stations division.
Most senior sales position with responsibility for the direction and management of the sales activities of the division.
Directs the development of sales plans, strategies, objectives, policies and procedures that conform to divisional marketing objectives.
Supports the development of diverse, high-performance sales teams. The President of Sales needs to create a recruiting, training and development strategy that will help the Company identify our future sales leadership.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior-level leadership experience with a media organization
- Candidate must have qualities of an effective leader. As well as providing direction, inspiration, and guidance, candidate should exhibit courage, passion, confidence, commitment and ambition.
- Leadership experience across platforms including broadcast and digital
- Knowledge of and relationships with New York agencies and key buyers
- Proven track record within the media industry and among leading marketers for effective, contemporary selling
- Demonstrated exceptional business acumen, interpersonal communication skills and executive presence
- Ideal candidate will have generated significant advertising revenue in a media business by employing marketing savvy and strategic account planning discipline
- Candidate will have impeccable personal integrity, will be resourceful, knows how to work collaboratively to overcome obstacles and seize opportunities
- Embraces the notion of accountability for him/herself and who emphasizes this with the teams.
- Ability to inspire and effectively lead
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled