Planning Editor - Philadelphia MarketApply
CBS3 and CW Philly, the CBS-owned and operated television stations in Philadelphia have an opening for an energetic, forward-thinking professional to serve as the stations’ Planning Editor. This newly created position will allow the news department to better support its efforts in planning short and long-term news coverage, on both the content and logistical fronts. Candidates for the Planning Editor position must demonstrate a clear understanding of the news department’s content strategy and brand, possess impeccable news judgment and display superb organizational skills. The Planning Editor will report directly to the Assignment Manager and also work side-by-side with the entire news management team.
· Review press releases and story pitches to determine best level of coverage
· Lead next-day story selection as well as daily planning meeting
· Pitch and develop original story ideas
· Arrange for credentials, parking, and all logistical elements necessary for both next-day and major event coverage
· Work directly with Managing Editor and Assignment Manager to plan election coverage
· Build and maintain relationships with government, education, and medical officials, PR firms, community groups, etc.
· Ensure timely delivery of relevant information and video to all CBS-owned and affiliated stations
Three years major market television news experience. Journalism or communications degree preferred.