CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
- Shoot assigned news and sports stories in a creative, clear and accurate manner.
- Set up lighting and audio as situation dictates.
- Edit daily stories under deadline pressure using non-linear editing systems.
- Work with reporters and producers as well as on your own to create stories that are visually appealing and meaningful.
- Operate ENG news vans, drive station vehicle to assignments and report all maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Complete work within newscast deadlines.
- Uphold journalistic, ethical and professional standards consistent with company policies and values.
- Perform other duties, which may be assigned by a newsroom manager
- Operating proficiency of Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P-2 or similar ENG Systems as well as non-linear editing on FCP X, Avid or a similar system
- Must be able to obtain a valid MN driver’s license
- Must be physically able to carry, shoulder and shoot with a broadcast ENG camera (25 lbs. or more), as well as carry support equipment (i.e., tripod, lights, etc.).
- Two to five years of experience as a photojournalist in a medium to major market
- Two to four year degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled