Per Diem Photographer / EditorApply
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To cover news events and stories as a photojournalist for CBS 2 newscasts, local programming, support social media strategies and cbschicago.com. ENG field technician duties include but not limited to professional operation of broadcast cameras, digital microwave and satellite ENG vehicles, non-linear editing systems, and IP based broadcast applications.
- Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and experience with all aspects of ENG news coverage, including Sony XDCAM HD cameras, Edius non-linear editing, ENG lighting, microwave and satellite transmissions. Edit news stories under deadline pressure, while maintaining editorial integrity.
- Operate microwave and/or KU trucks
- Safely operating company vehicles, including microwave equipped vans and trucks, on potentially long drives in all weather conditions.
- Bring creativity and imagination to the job of broadcast storytelling
- Ensure that all daily show production deadlines are met
- Take extreme care to ensure that news equipment is protected from theft and damage.
- Consistently contribute to editorial process in team environment with story ideas and attention to production strategy.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Results-Oriented and Innovative
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Five years’ experience as a photographer and editor, preferably in a top 20 market.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field.
· Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable
· Strong non-linear editing background, including Edius
· Valid Illinois driver’s license
· SNG experience with DOT certification a plus
· Drone ENG experience with FAA Part 107 certification a plus
· Strong computer skills