Per Diem Newswriter/ProducerApply
Conceive and execute daily news programs. Looking for energetic, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast.
Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
- Create and write factual updated and compelling news copy that is compliant with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
Strong communication skills.
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
Must insure daily show production deadlines are met.
Must be knowledgeable in digital/social media platforms and ability to contribute to station strategies.
- Proficient desk top editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
Vacation-relief show producing duties. Other duties as assigned.
- Proven successful track record and innovative.
- Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
- Three years’ experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field.
- Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.