Per Diem Graphic ArtistApply
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
CBS 2 in Chicago is looking for a creative Designer/Animator to work on a freelance basis.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Create impactful, daily news graphics and special packages, adhering to the CBS brand. Conceptualize and execute engaging on-air animations for promos, shows, commercials, corporate presentations, etc. This position will work directly with the Art Director, writer/producers, editors and other graphic artists.
- Excellent typography, design and color theory practices.
- Strong design/animation skills and in-depth understanding of After Effects and industry standard plug-ins.
- Proficient in the Adobe CC Suite and Mac OS workflow.
- Cinema 4D working experience.
- Must be highly organized and able to follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Strong multi-tasking ability with excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines.
- Flexible schedule, last-minute, holiday, vacation relief coverage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A sound grasp of post-production processes and services for broadcast.
- Must be dedicated, punctual and have a strong work ethic.
- A comprehensive online design portfolio that demonstrates the above.
- Knowledge of Chicago and its vicinity is an asset.
- References may be required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor of Arts Degree, 3+ years of work experience at TV station, network or agency experience preferred.
Please provide a link to a current portfolio.