Payroll / Human Resources ManagerApply
1. Payroll data verification with WorkForce and process design for a 5-union shop. Ensure 100% accurate pay according to contract and policy. Act as primary contact for all payroll issues; assist department heads with payroll analysis as requested. Generate and authenticate new hire documentation for payroll processing. Calculate and pay union benefits. Maintain payroll records in accordance with audit policy and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Generate weekly payroll budget reports; provide assistance during budgeting process.
2. Conduct new hire benefits/policy orientations. Act as liaison to corporate HR; answer first-level benefits questions, escalate complex issues. Administer local short-term/long-term disability, FMLA and worker’s compensation programs in accordance with company policy and state and federal law. Maintain confidential personnel files.
3. Manage station compliance of EEO/FCC/OFCCP (hiring process), AAP and OSHA recordkeeping. Maintain hiring and recruitment records according to EEO/FCC standards; conduct periodic training sessions for hiring managers. Attend required recruitment events. Post job notices with community organizations and filter incoming resumes according to management specifications.
4. Perform Accounts Payable data entry.
5. Calculate Sales Commissions with ICONIXX.
6. Calculate and prepare month end journal entries for accruals, including those for payroll, labor transfers, and union benefits. Process journal entry uploads.
7. Other duties as assigned, including backup for other accounting functions.
· Strong organization and multitasking skills
· Accuracy and consistency with detail work
· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels and departments within the company
· Teamwork and willingness to help out other staff members
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· 4 – year degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or HR, or equivalent HR work experience.
· General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
· Experience in payroll accounting in a multi-union environment.
· Must have experience with Microsoft Windows and Excel; experience with Oracle, a plus.