Newswriter/Producer - UnionApply
We need someone who can be an immediate standout in a newsroom that produces eleven and a half hours of news a day! Excellent writing skills and copy editing ability needed. Must have proven control room experience and be able to smoothly handle breaking news LIVE! You need to be able to build a compelling newscast with high production value in a competitive, pressurized environment.
• News-writing, line producing
• Collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content.
• Maintain a steadfast commitment to accuracy and fairness
• Generate story ideas and participate in editorial meetings
• At least five years experience, preferably in a top 20 market
• Strong people skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience with Avid I-news, and Grass Valley Edius System a plus.
• College Degree Required or Equivalent Experience
All qualified candidates must apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System: www.cbsandyou.com (internal applicants) and www.cbscareers.com (external applicants)
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.