News Reporter/Weather PresenterApply
- Originate, research, investigate, write, narrate, produce and present stories and weather hits for WCCO-TV, CBSN Minnesota and WCCO.com
- Develop and enterprise ideas for stories that can lead newscasts
- Live field reporting tracking weather, features or news, as assigned
- Deliver clear, accurate and timely weather information to the public
- Produce lifestyle-driven weather forecasts for all platforms
- Conduct necessary interviews
- Meet all news production deadlines
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in News, Digital, Promotion, Production and Engineering on daily assignments, weather hits and special projects
- Participate in Community Relations events
- Must be a strong emotional storyteller who delivers dynamic live shots
- Must be knowledgeable in meteorology
- Must be results oriented, curious, creative and committed to teamwork
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- College degree
- 4 years reporting in commercial television
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.