CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
- Lead a culture of winning and excellence in the station’s news department.
- Responsible for the on-air execution of each newscast.
- Capable of evolving the on-air product technically to reflect the current competitive environment within the marketplace.
- Executes short and long term strategic goals for station.
- Provides solid leadership and tactical direction on the day-to-day coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
- Ensures that a balanced and ethical presentation is sustained in accordance with CBS policies and instructions, industry codes, FCC rules and station brand values.
- Implements a solid succession plan for all positions within the newsroom, beginning with careful search and recruitment techniques and continuing with effective mentoring, training and development.
- Prepares the News Department’s budget and carefully manages all department expenses, while working closely with the Accounting Department.
- Works in concert with the other station Department Heads and management team to further evolve station brand, programs and new business development.
- Proven track record in producing winning newscasts while leading a team of people that develop into successful professionals.
- Proven track record in effective leadership.
- Ability to effectively analyze audience data and develop key tactics for improvement based on that research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
- Significant relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in news management required (specifics and length of time varies by market).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled