Maintenance Technician- CBS 11/KTVTApply
KTVT/KTXA, the CBS owned facility in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex seeks a highly qualified team player to provide maintenance services at our facilities based in Fort Worth, TX. We are a dynamic, fast paced group dedicated to providing innovative solutions to the business of covering News and providing great Television in the nation’s 5th market.
This position requires an individual with strong engineering & troubleshooting skills and ambition to take on new projects, define & own what needs to be done, and see it through to conclusion. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills, a thorough understanding of all broadcast related systems and processes and understands the role of the Engineering Group to all departments in the station.
Applicant should have 5-10 years of Broadcast Engineering experience and possess the following:
A strong Broadcast Engineering background and advanced “hands on” knowledge of audio, video, PC, server and IT networks.
Excellent project management skills, documentation and system integration.
Traceable expertise in broadcast related IT systems.
Experience in troubleshooting electronic circuits to the component level.
An AA/AS degree or certificate in electronics advanced Engineering Technology degree or applicable electronics study and/or experience.
FCC General Class License or SBE certification is preferred.
Responsibilities include maintaining and installing equipment, and providing engineering support to all news, production, and transmission facilities. Develop working knowledge of overall station equipment & systems operations to provide maintenance and repair of same. Solid understanding of the requirements of a 24/7 live news operation.
• Participate in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facilities.
• Help implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the facilities.
• Participate in engineering and other technical projects.
• Evaluate, install, service, and maintain broadcast equipment and information technology systems.
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to competing demands from multiple directions, and balance shifting priorities across a range of stakeholder groups.
• Demonstrated ability to manage through difficult and stressful situations, work under deadline pressure.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain good DMV record in order to operate a vehicle.
• Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot and solve medium to complex technical issues in real-time.
• Ability to interact and communicate at a high level with technical staff, production personnel, managers and co-workers.
• This position requires being on call and flexibility to work odd hours during maintenance windows or as emergencies dictate.
•Ability to lift 70lbs or more; ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces and in, above, and below equipment racks.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.