Investigative Reporter CBS 11Apply
Position Purpose: To focus on deep digging investigative reports relevant to the DFW area.
- Enterprise, creating, researching and writing investigative stories for newscasts, specials, or special events.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Computer-Assisted Reporting techniques, database building skills, web research skills.
- Work with management, producers, photographers, other news personnel and attorneys, in creating and airing news stories and maintaining story accuracy and content
- Present well-documented stories in an interesting manner while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and accuracy.
- Reporting live from appropriate locations as needed for the presentation of investigative and general assignment reports.
- Monitoring tip lines and other sources to develop investigative and consumer-oriented ideas.
- Develop investigative angles to daily and breaking news events, writing and preparing for immediate broadcast and publication via the web.
- Work with web producers and other staff to develop in-depth web presentations to accompany on-air investigative reports.
- Engage on multiple social media levels to develop, recruit, and deliver stories.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Five years experience as an investigative reporter in a medium to large market preferred.
Journalism or allied degree preferred.
Must be willing to work an often unpredictable and flexible schedule as assigned
Shooting and editing skills helpful, but not required.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter with a link to your reel:
Web Site: www.cbsdfw.com/jobs
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.