Investigative Producer DigitalApply
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To research, produce, and publish groundbreaking, innovative multi-platform investigative stories for CBS 2 and CBSChicago.com. This position will have an emphasis on producing innovative content for a digital first environment.
- Propose and research story ideas of an investigative and/or enterprise nature
- Generate investigative stories through creation of original databases and computer-assisted reporting
- Lead efforts in building new cultural workflow for both the investigative and digital teams.
- Serve as point person for the investigative team on our digital platforms
- Coach and teach investigative tools for the newsroom as needed
- Must have proven experience in producing investigative content specifically for the digital and social platforms. This includes software programs such as Arcgis and Tableau. Advanced computer assisted reporting such as Access for data analysis, joining tables and matching data as well as the use of Tabula and Adobe Acrobat for cleaning, extracting and converting data.
- Conduct interviews and surveillance
- Follow up on viewer tips and story suggestions
- Collaborate with reporter, photographer and editor to produce investigative reports that are both visually compelling and informative.
- Contribute to daily news coverage.
Results-Oriented, Strategic, Conceptual/Analytical, Team Player
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· College degree, preferably in journalism or related field
· Proven, winning track record of generating powerful investigative reports
· Three years’ experience as investigative producer or reporter
· Familiarity with Chicago, highly desirable