Internship - Winter, 2018Apply
• Production Assistant for our weekly Community Affairs programs
• Write scripts for weekly Community Calendars
• Write & research scripts/questions for Street Beat
• Write social media for Community Affairs
• Research and write community events for web sites
• Write website community content and/or blogs
• Video Editing: B-roll for community shows, Community Calendars, Web Exclusives
• Possible on-camera work for Web Exclusive content
• Production Assistant on Community Affairs EFP’s (as needed)
• Write, Edit, and Produce local PSA’s and assist with PSA production (as needed)
• Research potential topics for future programs or PSA’s
• Run Studio Camera or Prompter for Production (as needed)
• Assist during station-sponsored Community Events (as needed)
• Assist Programming, Traffic, Creative Services, Sales and Marketing departments (as needed)
• Occasional clerical responsibilities (typing, filing, phones) may be required.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is a plus but not required.
• For this internship, students generally work from 9am-5pm three days a week, either a Monday-Wednesday-Thursday shift or a Tuesday-Thursday-Friday shift. Interns must be available on Thursdays for studio production. Interns interested in production/editing must also be available on Fridays.
• A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for an internship. Please include a local address.
• Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status. Students must be pursuing a communications-related degree.
• Must receive college academic credit.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program (minimum of 20 hours per week) during normal business hours Monday – Friday.
• Must be computer literate, and have experience using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must present a letter from College or University verifying enrollment and number of credits to be earned if accepted in to our program.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier is a plus, but not required.
• Previous experience running a studio camera is a plus.