Internship - Summer, 2018Apply
COMMUNITY AFFAIRS/LOCAL PROGRAMMING
Production Assistant for our weekly Community Affairs programs
Write scripts for weekly Community Calendars
Write & research scripts/questions for Street Beat
Write social media for Community Affairs
Research and write community events for web sites
Write website community content and/or blogs
Video Editing: B-roll for community shows, Community Calendars, Web Exclusives
Possible on-camera work for Web Exclusive content
Production Assistant on Community Affairs EFP’s (as needed)
Write, Edit, and Produce local PSA’s and assist with PSA production (as needed)
Research potential topics for future programs or PSA’s
Run Studio Camera or Prompter for Production (as needed)
Assist during station-sponsored Community Events (as needed)
- Editing (topicals and commercials), station IDs and other on-air/web materials
- Assisting in Creative Services and Sales shoots (production assistant, pre-production, talent releases, etc. as well as casting call assistance)
- Shooting, writing, editing web diaries of station events
- Web posting updates (with guidance & supervision from Writer/Producer)
- Outside station events staffing/booth set-up (especially for spring/summer interns)
- Organizing and maintenance of the prize closet
- Other duties as they arise.
- Some weekend work may be scheduled, particularly during Spring/Summer.
Proficiency using MS Office, Word, Power Point, Excel is required
Must have strong writing skills
Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier is a plus but not required
Experience shooting and using studio camera is a plus
Occasional clerical responsibilities (typing, filing, phones) may be required
Students generally work from 9am-5pm three days a week, either a Monday-Wednesday-Thursday shift or a Tuesday-Thursday-Friday shift. Interns must be available on Thursdays for studio production. Interns interested in production/editing must also be available on Fridays.
A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for this internship. Please include a local address. Students must be pursuing a communications-related degree.