Intern, User Experience (Summer 2017)Apply
CBS Local Digital Media is looking for a summer intern to assist and support the Design team. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student to gain experience working in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment. Through this internship, the student will learn about CBS Local Digital Media’s operations and will gain valuable skills and knowledge that can be applied toward their future career.
This internship will be based in New York City, and will be ten weeks in duration with a work schedule of 20 hours per week, beginning in mid-June and ending in mid-August. Interns will be paid $11 per hour.
The User Experience Intern (“UX Intern") is responsible for the creation of the interaction model, interface, and UI designs for a wide range of web and mobile projects for CBS Local. This role will work closely with Technical Development, Visual Design, and other teams.
- Information Architecture (IA) and User Experience (UX) development for small to complex, large-scale projects
- Translate business requirements into process/ navigational flows and user interaction models
- Create process flows, annotated wireframes, design prototypes, and functional specifications. Review them with business owners and technical team and obtain approval.
- Work in team environment with good organizational
abilities and a minimum of department supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university; junior or senior status preferred (intern will be required to produce verification of current enrollment).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must be able to meet the time commitment for the internship program (10 weeks in duration; 20 hours per week).
- Course work related to UX or visual design.
- Strong analytical thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with WordPress as a CMS
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary team members
- Experience developing wireframes and Functional Specifications documentation
- Proficiency with wireframe/ prototyping tools (InDesign, Visio, Omigraffle or Axure)
- Knowledge of design software (Adobe Creative Suite/ Photoshop/ Illustrator)