Information Technology SpecialistApply
This role spans both traditional IT and broadcast engineering disciplines including:
- Work effectively with both the Manager of Technology Infrastructure and Director of Engineering to ensure the availability and proper operation of the computer network, servers, workstations and associated equipment.
- Project manage and implement the installation, configuration and integration of complex systems including broadcast equipment.
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of local and wide area computer networks, their components and be able to resolve issues quickly. Availability for supporting our 24x7operation.
- The Specialist will assist and train end users in the best use of technology and file based video workflows. Also, provide best practices support for remote desktop and VPN access.
- Create and maintain accounts in Active Directory, Open Directory. Manage user permissions, access rights and help desk systems.
- Confirm that software updates and patches are properly installed. Maintain security solutions including anti-virus, firewall, malware and intrusion detection systems.
- Provide and maintain system backups and recovery. Provide strong leadership for implementing disaster recovery protocols.
- Assists with tracking and compliance for device data and equipment disposal, fixed assets inventory, access control and environmental health and safety.
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer sciences and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
· Microsoft Certified Administrator (MSCA) or equivalent experience.
· Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail.
· Thorough knowledge of media encoding, transcoding and management.
· Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proven customer service orientation.