Graphic Design/Broadcast Designer (Freelance)Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A FREELANCE POSITION
WJZ-TV is seeking a highly motivated artist to join the Creative Services Department as a freelance Broadcast Designer. Night Shifts are Required.
Applicant needs to be a skilled graphic designer with advanced knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and Adobe Illustrator.
Create news graphics for an on air broadcast, image campaigns, event promotion, and other station initiatives. Effectively communicate in a team environment. Adhere to and maintain brand/visual style guide. Work within existing Photoshop, After Effects templates, while also being able to design and composite independently. Other projects as assigned.
- Strong design and typography skills
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a Graphic Designer
- TV experience preferred
- Strong Design, logo, and typography skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must be flexible in breaking news situations
- Expert current knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Experience with Cryron and Curious Maps a plus
- Able to provide references
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled