Full Time Photojournalist/ EditorApply
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
CBS 2 Chicago is in search of its next innovative visual storyteller. Ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of NPPA style principles, a keen eye and ear for detail, with a demonstrated body of work experience. To cover news events and stories as a photojournalist for CBS 2 newscasts and local programming. Will support multi-platform social media strategies and cbschicago.com. Field duties include but not limited to professional operation of broadcast cameras, drones, digital microwave and satellite ENG vehicles, non-linear editing systems, and IP based broadcast applications.
- Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and experience with all aspects of ENG news coverage, including Sony HD cameras, GV Stratus, Edius non-linear editing, professional lighting, microwave and satellite transmission. Deftly craft and edit news stories under deadline pressure, while maintaining editorial integrity. Operate microwave, KU trucks and bonded cellular broadcast devices.
- Safely operating company vehicles, including microwave equipped vans and trucks, on potentially long drives in all weather conditions.
- Bring creativity and imagination to the job of broadcast storytelling from field to edit room.
- Ensure that all daily show production deadlines are met
- Take extreme care to ensure that news equipment is protected from theft and damage.
- Consistently contribute to editorial process in team environment with story ideas and attention to production strategy. Other duties, as assigned.
- Results-Oriented and Innovative
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
· Five years’ experience as a photographer and editor, preferably in a top 30 market.
· Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, journalism or similar field.
· Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable
· Strong non-linear editing background, including Edius
· Valid Illinois drivers’ license
· SNG experience with DOT certification a plus
· Drone ENG experience with FAA Part 107 certification a plus