Freelance Writer - UnionApply
• Gathers information for stories from a variety of sources including; wire services, satellite feed services, phone calls, internet, and newspapers.
• Views videotape chooses shots and sound bites to go along with copy the writer has written, coordinates editing of stories with videotape editors.
• Assists reporters, writing copy for introductions for reporter stories, as well as inputting information on names and places involved in those stories.
• Strong journalistic skills including news judgment, research, writing and editing, are a must.
• The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to both multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- • 3+ years’ experience in broadcast, cable or digital news preferred.
• Knowledge of the Los Angeles markets a plus.
• Available to work various schedules.
• Work closely with management, editorial staff, anchors, reporters and production crews
• Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
• Proficiency with Inews, editing, and graphic systems for broadcast television
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to:
- Previous experience writing broadcast style copy for television or digital newscasts required.
- Candidates will be required to take a broadcast writing test.
Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Journalism, Communications, English preferred, but not required.
All qualified candidates must apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System: www.cbsandyou.com (internal applicants) and www.cbscareers.com (external applicants). This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries. CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.