CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Part-Time (without benefits)
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
- Edit newscast elements for weekend morning shows.
- Work closely with show producers, reporters and other editors.
- Edit daily stories under deadline pressure using non-linear editing systems during an early morning or overnight shift.
- Work with reporters and producers to create stories that are visually appealing and meaningful.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Complete work within newscast deadlines.
- Uphold journalistic, ethical and professional standards consistent with company policies and values.
- Perform other duties, which may be assigned by a newsroom manager.
- Candidate must have the ability to work quickly and efficiently on deadline and under pressure.
- Should be well versed in the operation of news editing systems and newsroom computer systems.
- Must be reliable, and able to learn new technologies for news gathering/editing.
- Operating proficiency of non-linear editing on FCPX, Avid, Edius or a similar system
- One to two years experience editing in a medium to major market.
- *Please include link to resume reel*
- Two-year degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled