Director of Digital Content, CBS Philadelphia
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
CBS Philadelphia is looking for a strong leader to oversee digital and social content, production and marketing for CBSPhilly.com and CWPhilly.com. The selected candidate will have a strong appreciation for the 24/7 digital news world as well as a full understanding of digital marketing, traffic generating strategies, video production and local television news. The candidate will also oversee national editorial strategies as related to the Philadelphia market. Additionally, this position will require seeking and securing editorial relationships with local writers, content partners and bloggers, setting and managing the local editorial calendar, overseeing the local digital and social editorial team and coordinating efforts with the news, programming and local revenue teams. This position is Philadelphia based and reports to the News Director – but will have regular interactions with the Digital Sales Manager and national team.
• Manage 24/7 production and content strategy execution while upholding standards of CBS.
• Proven ability to guide reporters, producers and on air talent – especially during breaking news coverage.
• Lead and/or consult on programming initiatives across multiple platforms.
• Set and manage the local editorial calendars for news, sports, politics and lifestyle.
• Supervise and schedule the editorial team.
• Cultivate, negotiate and maintain local editorial relationships and blogger pools.
• Collaborate with news, programming and revenue teams on content strategies and execution
. Work with the sales team on content initiatives, native campaigns and site updates – with the goal of keeping the sales team up-to-date on sites changes and updates.
• Track engagement metrics for news, programming and sales guidance.
• Collaborate with the national editorial and operations teams on overall editorial site strategies and project execution.
• Work with local marketing and programming teams to increase user / viewer / listener awareness of digital and social initiatives.
• Accountable for achieving digital traffic goals.
• Knowledge and passion for local news, sports and politics.
• Demonstrated news judgment and editorial standards
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Social media knowledge and practice
• A minimum of 5+ years digital/newsroom management experience required
• Knowledge of WordPress, Photoshop and a working knowledge of HTML
• College degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled