Director, Communications & Public AffairsApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
Develop and implement the stations' overall communications and public affairs programs including media relations, community relations and FCC-required filings.
- Serve as primary source of information for all media contacts.
- Develop strategies to publicize the stations' news brand and overall programming.
- Serve as liaison with community leaders; ascertain community issues, needs and concerns.
- Manage scheduling of public appearances for station on-air staff.
- Work closely with Sales Marketing team to create, develop and execute community outreach projects, events and public affairs campaigns.
- Manage the standards and scheduling of public service announcement inventory.
- Represent the station in the community at public events.
- Prepare FCC quarterly reports and maintain public files.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field.
- Related experience and established relationships with local media, preferably in the broadcast industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with fellow managers, community groups and the general public.
- Knowledge of FCC guidelines and broadcast standards preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled