Our internship provides student interns the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the areas of Digital Media and Creative Services, as well as in other departments where there is an interest. Activities Interns may be involved in include the following:
• Research, assist and write news content for CBSDetroit.com and CW50Detroit.com
• Aid in promoting content on Social Media Platforms
• Engage with viewers online
• Learn basic SEO techniques and best practices
• Research story content for websites
• Include a cover letter with your resume.
• Must be at least (18) eighteen years of age.
• Online resume and cover letter required.
• Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status.
• Students must be in satisfactory academic standing. Verification letter from college/university required. Academic credit not required but will be given preference.
• Excellent writing skills (and copy-editing skills) a must.
• Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program (20 hours/week for a minimum of 10 - 13 weeks)
• Good computer skills, excellent written skills, and verbal communication abilities.
• MS office suite proficiency.
• Eye for good local and viral content.
• Experience with WordPress & Adobe Photoshop preferred.
• Experience shooting and editing photos/videos – knowledge of Final Cut Pro &/or Adobe Premier is a plus.