Digital Sales ManagerApply
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The TV Digital Sales Manager will report to the VP, Director of Sales at KDKA-TV / WPCW-TV and will be responsible for working closely with KDKA-TV/WPCW-TV sales team to prospect, develop, close, and maintain advertising accounts on CBSPittsburgh.com and CBS Local Digital properties.
Coordinate online sales efforts of the Pittsburgh CBS local television sales staff including:
Educate and train KDKA-TV/WPCW-TV sales staff about all online sales opportunities.
Develop compelling sales proposals and presentations for local sales staff around CBS Local digital opportunities including CBSPittsburgh.com, CWPittsburgh.com and secondary revenue initiatives.
Review local stations RFP’s and make strategic recommendations to maximize online revenue.
Grow online ad sales revenue and exceed revenue goals by prospecting for new clients.
Set sales agenda including, prioritizing and organizing sales calls based on maximum potential return.
Create and sell unique sales promotions, including contests and special advertising programs, focusing on relevant local events and content sections within the local site.
Maximize revenue by effectively and efficiently managing advertising inventory & pricing.
Ability to coordinate online ad sales campaigns with local trafficking team.
Prepare and review local market sales reports and periodic forecasts.
Review all online orders and coordinate all ad sales campaigns with National Sales.
Monitor and evaluate the local station’s online inventory and current pricing.
Submit monthly, quarterly and annual inventory and sales reports.
Coordinate with National Sales and approve the pricing of all locally sold online ad deals.
Analyze competitive (local) online media marketplace
· Manage agency/client relationships.
· Coach local sales staffs on the most effective ways to use their local website to develop opportunistic revenue-generating programs and always include an online component with all TV deals.
· Work closely with Marketing Manager, Local Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, and Business Development Manager to develop solution based integrated media campaigns.
· Knowledge of the online media business and underlying technology and research
· Excellent sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships. Demonstrated track record of success and established relationships.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Team oriented.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years of online advertising sales. Traditional media sales experience (especially TV) is a plus.
- BS / BA degree preferred
- Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills
- Proficiency with DART, Photoshop, WideOrbit, Comscore, Scarborough, and/or Google Analytics a plus.