Digital Sales ManagerApply
The Digital Sales Manager will report to the Director of Sales at WCCO-TV and will be responsible for working closely with WCCO-TV sales team to prospect, develop, close, and maintain advertising accounts on CBSMinnesota.com (WCCO.com) and CBS Local Digital properties.
· Educate and train WCCO-TV sales staff about all online sales opportunities.
· Develop compelling sales proposals and presentations for local sales staff around CBS Local digital opportunities including CBSMinnesota.com (WCCO.com) and secondary revenue initiatives.
· Review local stations RFP’s and make strategic recommendations to maximize online revenue.
· Grow online ad sales revenue and exceed revenue goals by prospecting for new clients and digital agencies.
· Set sales agenda including, prioritizing and organizing sales calls based on maximum potential return.
· Create and sell unique sales promotions, including contests and special advertising programs, focusing on relevant local events and content sections within the local site.
· Maximize revenue by effectively and efficiently managing advertising inventory & pricing.
· Prepare and review local market sales reports and periodic forecasts.
· Review all online orders and coordinate all ad sales campaigns with National Sales offices.
· Monitor and evaluate the local station’s online inventory and current pricing.
· Submit monthly, quarterly and annual inventory and sales reports.
· Coordinate with National Sales and approve the pricing of all locally sold online ad campaigns.
· Maximize CPM’s.
· Analyze competitive (local) online media marketplace
· Manage agency/client relationships.
· Coach local sales staffs on the most effective ways to use their local website to develop opportunistic revenue-generating programs and always include an online component with all TV deals.
· Work closely with Marketing Manager, Local Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, and Director of Sales to proactively develop solution based integrated media campaigns.
· Manage efforts of Digital Sales Coordinator to effectively execute ad sales campaigns, trafficking and reporting for all aspects of Digital sales.
· Knowledge of the online media business and underlying technology and research.
· Excellent sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships. Demonstrated track record of success and established relationships.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Team oriented
· Minimum 5 years of online advertising sales.
· Traditional media sales experience (especially TV) is a plus.
· BS / BA degree preferred.
· Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, and comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills.
· Proficiency with Wide Orbit, DFP, Google Analytics, comScore, Scarborough, and/or Photoshop a plus.