Digital Producer - Freelance
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
CBSBoston Digital Producers are expected to apply the below concepts in the following parts of their job:
· Work with WBZ-TV newsroom to produce compelling multi-media news experiences for the digital consumer. This is an editorial position with a heavy emphasis on news writing.
· Recognize and produce compelling video content into multimedia posts for CBSBoston.com
· Clear communication, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential.
· Execute effective, company compliant messaging on Social Media, text and email platforms
· Program website section fronts to engage digital consumers.
· Make sure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies
· Track daily digital analytics and respond accordingly.
· CBS Boston is seeking an experienced, part-time digital media producer to work with our fast-paced news team. This is an editorial position. The ideal candidate has unwavering news judgment, strong news writing and copy editing background.
· Candidates must be detail oriented and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
· Prior experience in a newspaper, online, radio or television newsroom is a must.
· This job requires a flexible schedule and includes working weekends and evenings.
· CBS Boston digital media producers must possess a thorough understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies, including but not limited to:
o How to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, multimedia posts, etc.
o How to produce compelling social media posts with strong engagement rates.
o Strong digital headline writing
o Successful execution of visual strategies to program compelling
modules and section fronts.
o Understanding of basic web analytics and how to apply them
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled