Digital Line Producer
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
Building show rundowns.Coordinating with the senior and line producers during live news programs.Anticipating the needs of the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.Coding/stacking rundown content at the direction of the show producers with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.Demonstrating expertise in timing in a control room environment.
CBSBoston.com is looking for a Digital Line Producer to work on CBSBoston.com’s live streaming network. The DLP will work with the control room teams managing, optimizing and timing live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms. The role requires close coordination with Senior and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, but the DLP takes on many responsibilities from writing headlines to maximizing SEO and shareability and working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- 2+ years experience in creating and building show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment.
- Demonstrated success operating in a fast-paced control room.
- Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
- Thorough knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Familiarity with Avid editing systems and ENPS and iNews.
- Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service.
- Experience with Crispin and iNews.
- Understanding of SEO.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled