DIRECTOR BROADCAST OPERATIONS & ENGINEERINGApply
CBS 3, and CW Philly has an immediate opening for a Director, Broadcast Operations & Engineering. This is a challenging, multi-dimensional position with many responsibilities - technical, financial, operational, contractual, and HR related. The position reports to the Duopoly President/General Manager with a dotted line to the Division Senior Vice President of Engineering.
- Overall responsibility for all day-to-day broadcast activities, including compliance with all regulatory and governmental agencies (FCC, FAA, OSHA, etc.), station asset management, information technology, ENG/DSNG operations, transmission facilities, remote facilities and building operations.
- Responsible for creating and complying with all BO&E expense budgets and administering station’s capital budget.
- Oversees staff training, employee safety and quality control for all broadcast productions.
- This position has the ultimate responsibility for the TV technical plant/transmitter and must maintain a proactive role in maintenance to prevent on-air failures of any kind 24/7/365
- Work in concept with the News Director and Creative Services to identify new technologies for efficient and cutting edge operations.
- Oversees the maintenance and repairs of the office, studio, transmitter, and telephone systems.
- Provide facilities (sometimes on short notice) to support any and all in-house production efforts..
- Manage local engineering, IT and building maintenance staffs.
- Manage the company’s relationship with represented employees and their union agents. insure the contract is fairly applied. Participate in negotiations for contract renewals.
- Deep experience and training in broadcast operational, personnel and facilities management.
- Expert contemporary knowledge in broadcast, IT, digital and automation technologies, including design, integration, maintenance and project management.
- Proven ability to collaborate with inter-departmental colleagues and third parties.
- Superior communication, analytical, design, planning and management skills.
- Proven success in managing represented employees within a large corporate environment.
- Six years minimum of broadcast engineering management experience, including studio, RF systems, telecom and digital mass storage systems or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technical area or Business, or equivalent experience managing local television station broadcast operations and engineering department.