CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: West Sacramento, CA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
Are you ready to join one of the nationally recognized promo departments in the country? KOVR and KMAX in Sacramento, CA has a rare writer/producer opening on its fun and award-winning creative team!
- Write/produce/shoot/edit commercials, promos, topicals and other marketing and commercial initiatives as needed.
- Provide shooting and editing services for station commercial and creative efforts.
- Work with Director of Creative Services and team to conceptualize and execute effective and creative marketing efforts for commercial and station priorities.
- Assist with station event promotions.
- Help maintain promo inventory on station logs and other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a writer producer
- Writing, Producing, Shooting and Editing experience required
- Understanding of brand marketing and creative technique.
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
- Familiarity with graphic design
- Work with varied internal and external groups, including news talent and sales clients.
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled