Community Relations Internship - Summer 2018Apply
This Community Relations Internship is designed to provide experience for students pursuing Public Relations careers in relation to television broadcasting. Interns have the opportunity to shadow and assist our staff to learn more about how the Community Relations Department contributes to the television station’s community engagement initiatives.
This internship for summer 2018 is available in the Community Relations department only. CBS Television Stations will sponsor paid college internships for upper level students actively enrolled in an accredited educational institution.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Work alongside the Community Relations team on the creation, planning and execution of station events.
Assist with community partnerships and promotions.
Coordinate and conduct station tours.
Distribute daily press clippings.
- All interns must be college students, and must be a Junior, Senior or Graduate student enrolled in an accredited institution and majoring in an Art specific degree. CBS will require verification.
- Interns must arrange the internship through the education institution on a for-credit basis.
- Interns must be available for a pre-determined minimum of hours per week that will be determined by the requirements of their individual educational institution.
CBS will require verification.
- Intern candidates should express interest in career fields of community relations, public relations and/or event coordinating.
- Availability during the Minnesota State Fair is required. The State Fair dates include Thursday, August 23rd through Monday, September 3rd.
- Some evening and weekend availability.
Application Deadline – 5:00 P.M. CST, Monday, April 9th, 2018.
Please note – Any application received after the deadline may not be considered