Community Affairs/Creative Services Winter InternshipApply
Our internship provides student interns the opportunity to gain experience in Community Affairs/Local Programming, and Creative Services, as well as in other departments where there is an interest. Activities Interns may be involved in include the following:
- Production Assistant for our weekly Community Affairs programs
- Write & research scripts/questions for Street Beat as needed
- Write social media for Community Affairs
- Research and write community events for web sites
- Write website community content and/or blogs
- Video Editing: B-roll for community shows, Web Exclusives
- Write, Edit, and Produce local PSA’s and assist with PSA production (as needed)
- Research potential topics for future programs or PSA’s
- Run Studio Camera or Prompter for Production (as needed)
- Assist during station-sponsored Community Events (as needed)
- Assist Programming, Creative Services, Commercial Production departments (as needed)
- Occasional clerical responsibilities (typing, filing, phones) may be required.
- Editing (topicals and commercials), station IDs and other on-air/web material.
- Assisting in Creative Services and Sales shoots (production assistant, pre-production, talent releases, etc. as well as casting call assistance)
- Outside station events staffing/booth set-up (especially for spring/summer interns)
- Organizing and maintenance of the prize closet
- Some weekend work may be scheduled, particularly during Spring/Summer.
- Other duties as they arise
- A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for this internship. Please include a local address.
- Students must be pursuing a communications-related degree.
- Students generally work from 9am-5pm three days a week, either a Monday-Wednesday-Thursday shift or a Tuesday-Thursday-Friday shift. Interns must be available on Thursdays for studio production. Interns interested in production/editing must also be available on Friday
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, World Wide Web, and other related internet applications.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus but not required.