CBS360 Sales Operations ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
The Sales Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for making sure that VPs, account executives and station representatives have the support they need throughout the sales cycle.
- Reports to the VPs of CBS360.
- Ensures VPs, account executives and station representatives have the support materials they need, when they need it, throughout the sales cycle.
- Collaborates with sales managers, account executives, station representatives, marketing department, digital liaisons, and research department to help develop promotions/marketing opportunities for on-air and interactive advertisers.
- Manages a team that supports VP’s, account executives and station representatives in their efforts to generate incremental revenue for CBS.
- Is able to search for and identify accounts, clients and advertising agencies with potential to advertise on CBS Television Stations and/or digital media properties.
- Contributes to ideation and group brainstorming process.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the department including but not limited to sales support. research; preparing presentations; planning, organizing and managing complex media plans across multiple forms of media; and general office duties.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must offer expertise in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Required Qualifications:
o A working knowledge of a variety of media including broadcast, digital, social and new/emerging media
o Minimum of two years prior broadcast sales experience.
o College degree in Sales/Marketing.
o Strong writing, telephone, interpersonal and organizational skills
o A strong attention to detail.
o Ability to interact with clients, account executives, and management with poise and professionalism.
o Team player and straight-forward communicator with a get-it-done attitude.
o Willingness and enthusiasm to learn, excel and win!
o Some Management / Leadership experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled