Associate Digital Line ProducerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
CBSN NY is looking for an Associate Digital Line Producer to work on CBSN NY's local live streaming network. The ADLP will work with the Digital Line Producers (DLPs) and the control room teams managing and optimizing live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms.
The role requires close coordination with DLPs, Senior and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, but the ADLP will assist with writing headlines and maximizing SEO and shareability and working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video.
- Assisting with timing in a control room environment.
- Helping to code/stack rundown content at the direction of the show producers with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
- Anticipate the needs of the DLP and thd show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.
- Helping to coordinate with the senior and line producers during live news programs.
- Assist with building show rundowns.
- Recent college grad with 1+ years of experience preferred in helping to create and build show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment.
- Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
- Thorough knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Familiarity with Avid editing systems and ENPS and iNews.
- Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service.
- Experience with Crispin and iNews is a huge plus.
- Understanding of SEO.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled