Assistant News DirectorApply
CBS13/CW31 – Sacramento, California, is looking for a content-focused, creative, dynamic Assistant News Director to oversee day-to-day operations and special projects. The candidate must know how to execute and direct coverage across multiple platforms in real time. The Assistant News Director will work with reporters and producers to cultivate content and refine platform-specific storytelling. The ideal candidate will generate ideas for improving workflow, content and production to drive audience growth on television and all digital platforms. Other duties include:
- Directing enterprise reporting to focus on unique stories not being told anywhere else
- Infusing effective use of the brand into stories and newscasts
- Planning special event coverage
- Ensures that a balanced and ethical presentation is sustained in accordance with CBS policies and instructions, industry codes, FCC rules and station brand values.
- Strong understanding of right of public access, public records, copyrights, and other media law issues
- Leading newsroom managers on execution and job growth
- Work hand-in-hand with promotion/marketing
- Proven track record in content cultivation and execution
- Proven track record in effective leadership
- Significant relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in news management required (specifics and length of time varies by market).